CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Who? What? Where? Why? When?

And I'm sure they can think of many other questions to ask...how come? But why? But why? But why? Oh yeah...it has begun! The stage of asking about anything and everything!

I'm told it's a sign of intelligence. The more they ask the more they learn. Very inquisative children. Ok...I get it, but what happens when I don't have answers for their questions? Or don't have answers that satisfy them??? Then what?

I'll give you some examples:

How are tv's made? But who makes them? But WHY do they make tv's? How come they don't want to make pensils instead? Where do pencils come from? Who brings them to the store? Why do we need pencils? How come we can't erase pen? Can we grow up to be a pen? How about a cat? How are cats made? How did the kitten get into the mommy cat's belly? ok....you can see where this is going. We've already begun the questions how they came to be. They are 4 years old!!!! Any hints as to how to address this? I've said that mommy and daddy wished for babies so hard that God put them in mommy's tummy. Guess who is now wishing very hard for babies? (ok, more Sarah at the moment than Zack, who just wants to be a hockey star! That's his current wish)

As frustrating as it is at times, it still makes me smile! Yes...I am a gushing mother! I have already decided that I will be the mom at the dance recitals who come with 4 dozen roses, 16 cameras and a box of tissues, or the mom who runs onto the basketball court to give my boy a hug and a kiss in the middle of a game for trying hard at making a shot but missing. Or the one who wants to personally tackle the quarterback who tackles my child during a football game. Guess this is teaching me to sit back, relax and enjoy what comes. Lead them in the right direction and keep my fingers crossed that all turns out well. Oye...easier said than done. In the meantime I will do my best to answer their questions and try to change the subject for those questions I don't have answers for. WIsh me luck!

0 comments: