CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 30, 2007

40 minutes left to November...

Tomorrow is December 1st. Just in case you didn't realize that. December brought for me, last year, the demise of my marriage...from girl's night with Marci on the 9th to my phone call from Rob on the 11th, and basically kicking Keith out on the 15th. During that time I played detective and learned how to master my facades. Not once did he realize anything was wrong the whole week...little did he know. Guess he was distracted. I knew then how much my life would change when I said those words "I want a divorce." But, never did I think I'd still be here, laying on my couch in what was supposed to be our dream home, a full year later! We listed the house on the market in February and 2 days ago we got our first offer. I'm very superstitious, so even writing those words causes me anxiety. In a nutshell, the offer was low, we countered their offer and we're still waiting...Ohh the lovely waiting game! Thankfully Melissa is in the process of moving this weekend to a new house so Zack and Sarah are all about moving! If this works out, it couldn't come at a better time! They really don't understand any of it, but if moving is good for their best friends, it's good enough for them!! I go back and forth being absolutely terrified out of my mind at the thought of moving and buying a new house all on my own. The next minute I'm thrilled and want it tomorrow!! Ohh did I fail to mention that the people who made the offer on my house want to close in 30 days...yup!! You read that right. Not sure what the kids and I and the dogs and the cats...phew! That's a lot of us...will do! We'll figure it out. Everything happens for a reason, right? And what better way to start the new year and put 2007 behind me than selling my house. Cutting the last remaining ties I have to Keith (except the kids of course!) Sounds good. Hopefully I'll hear soon and will be able to post with good news!

On a side note, I wanted to talk about some exciting things coming up for 2008...weddings!!!! My friend Lisa is getting married in July, Marci in September and Jill in November. Busy, busy! But so exciting!! I wanted to wish each of you a lifetime of dreams come true! May only the best come your way with little struggles and difficulty, but much love, happiness, health and compromises!

And how can I forget to add that my little Zack and Sarah will be the flower girl and ring bearer for Marci and Marc next September. How freaking cute will my munchkins be?!?! Sarah is already preparing! She came into my room the other morning carrying her pocketbook.

This was our conversation:

Sarah: "I'm ALL ready!!!"
me: "For school? It's too early."
Sarah: "No, for Auntie Marci's wedding!"
me: "Hmm??" (hey! It's 6am people!!)
Sarah: "I have my brush, comb and curling iron. I have to curl my hair for Auntie Marci's wedding. I'm ready."
me: "Ok honey." (don't you remember I said it was 6am!?)

Later I tried to explain to her that Auntie Marci and Uncle Marc wouldn't be getting married until after she turned 5 years old. She said "Ok. Then I'll be ready", as she was pretending to curl her hair in the mirror. Marci has created a monster in my daughter! :)

2 comments:

SpillToJill said...

the story about sarah and getting ready for flower girl is so cute! Adorable!

Thanks for what you said - it is so nice!

Jake&AliyahsMom said...

I know how tough different times of year can be for lots of different reasons. Try to focus on the excitement of the holidays and know if you ever need an ear to vent to, I'm here!