CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I'm nervous, I'm nervous, I'm nervous!!!

Or absolutely crazy, maybe!! In 4 days I leave for Disney world with my ex husband, our children and HIS family. OK, as I type that I KNOW I'm crazy!! How could I go on a family vacation with people who aren't my family anymore? WE aren't a family anymore! But, they are! To clear up any misconceptions, I am going for my children. To be there with them the first time they meet Mickey. How could I miss that?? And the kids and I will be staying in one hotel room and Keith will be staying with his parents. Now I hear you all breathe a sigh of relief...of course I wouldn't stay with him. It's bad enough that I'm going on a weeks vacation with him! :) But, seriously, I think I wouldn't be as nervous if it were just Keith and I. We get along fine! It's awkward sometimes but not bad. Add his family into the mix and I feel like I can't be me. I'll have to put on a pretend smile all week long, no matter how I feel. OK, my rational brain tells me that I can act any way I want and the hell with anyone to tell me otherwise...I know that. But, I'm also pretty good at pretending and it seems to come more naturally since our separation and divorce. Don't worry...I'm working on it!! Very hard.

So, the count down has begun...

1 comments:

SpillToJill said...

I bet it will be just fine....I am sure they still care about you.
And this is great for the kids!