CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 21, 2007

What a great day!!




The kids and I had a fantastic day today!!! They both slept in (prayers answered for mom) and had a silly morning. This afternoon they had a playdate with their new friend, Becca (who's dad is a member of the meetup group I belong to). More new friends were supposed to come...not sure why they didn't, but Zack and Sarah had so much fun with Becca!!! They jumped in leaves, played games, colored, painted pumpkins and had so much fun! After the playdate I took them to the local fairgrounds to buy a large pumpkin to make a jack-o-lantern and unknowingly where they had pony rides, a petting zoo and gigantic sand box. I sat in the sun and watched them smile and laugh...great memories! Of course they picked the largest (tallest) pumpkin they could find and how could I resist?? A nice young kid helped me carry this monster to my car, but you should have seen the spectacle I made of myself trying to get this thing into the house! I put it on a mat on the kitchen floor, cut off the top and let the kids have at it! They were so excited to clean out the pumpkin of all the seeds so I could roast them that we ran out of time to carve it into the scary face the kids were hoping for. Leaves us something to do tomorrow! I took a lot of pictures, but now need to figure out how to post it here...

What a great day!!!

1 comments:

SpillToJill said...

sounds like a great day!