CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Please say this day can't get worse...

Ok, I'm being a bit dramatic, but it hasn't been the best start of my day...so far. I was helping Zack get dressed this morning and as I stood up, my sweatpants stuck to the tacks between the living room carpet and kitchen floor and...yup! You guess it! RIP!!! There goes my sweatpants! Zack thought it was the funniest thing that's happened in a long time and chased me around the house telling me that he could see my bum! Thanks Zack! :) Then as I was shivering, I went to put the heat on to get the chill out of the house...hmmm...why is the thermostat set to heat/auto, yet it's still 62 degrees in the house??? Same thing upstairs. No heat. So I called around and preferred to call the neighbors rather than pay the $400 to have the gas company come out. Niki, thank g-d for Niki, asked if the filter has been changed? I had no idea, figuring that Keith had taken care of it. Called him...his response? "I didn't know there even was a filter!" Shit. So, after dropping the kids off at school, I plopped myself down on the concrete basement floor to read the manual to the furnace. I figured out how to get the filter out (who knew??) and thankfully the manual says the filter can be washed. I washed it and now it's drying...please keep your fingers crossed!!!! Finally I got to sit down and relax with my cereal and a cup of coffee. Something spooked the cat and yup! My coffee goes flying across the room, all over Daisy, the end table, carpet, wall and couch. And this wasn't a small cup of coffee...it was a large travel mug!! Of course! So I spent the last half hour sopping up coffee out of the rug, washing the carpet, couch, scrubbing the wall, and the dog...just what I wanted to do!! Let's see...do I even want to risk taking a shower? I'll probably fall and break something! Oye...

One thing I wanted to add about the problem with the furnace...I thought I was going to have an absolute panic attack! I was on the verge of either crying or screaming. I consider myself to be a very optimist and rational person, but not having heat this morning threw me for a loop. It was like a smack in the face that I had to handle this all alone. Not that Keith was really any help before, but at least it wasn't all my responsibility. Now it is. He offered to help, but honestly, what could he do that I couldn't do. So, is that my pride getting in my way again? My point is, even when this house sells and I buy a new house...I'm all on my own. If something breaks, it's my responsibility to fix it, take care of it, clean it...all of it. Granted I have already been doing that for years, but this morning it was very real. Don't get me wrong, I have faith in myself that I'll be just fine and figure it all out myself. And if I can't, I'll ask for help! After all, I've been doing it all so far...and if I can catch a wild flying squirrel in my laundry room, I can do anything, right?! :)

0 comments: