CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

It's been a pretty eventful couple of days!

To say the least! And after this, I think I really could sleep for 24 hours!!

Let's begin on Monday, shall we? Sarah coughed a few times...sounded really silly but she was acting even sillier so I didn't think anything of it. We went to Jocelyn's birthday party that night and the kids had the time of their lives!! Running around the hall like maniacs and not sitting for more than a minute or two. Tuesday morning the kids woke up and Sarah coughed a few more times and didn't really want to eat her breakfast...weird for her because she can clean me out of a box of pancakes in one sitting!! She had a low grade fever and I could hear her breathing in the other room! Now that freaked me out!! So I called her pediatrician for an appointment. Sarah was diagnosed with croup. No big deal and pretty common in younger children, I guess, but to hear your child coughing and wheezing to the point that you think she will throw up, turn blue or both, is terrifying!! She has this raspy breathing and any kind of activity leaves her with a coughing fit to the point that she can't breathe. Ugh...poor baby.

So, we get home from the doctor and I tell Sarah to rest on the couch while I get lunch ready. Zack does the same but then he doesn't want lunch. Hmmm.... Then he starts whining about everything...Uhh ohh! You guessed it. Fever of over 101!! Kid! You couldn't have told me that you didn't feel well WHILE we were at the doctor?? So he's sick too. Nice day...on and off back and forth between each kid. So, I prepared myself for a late night being up with kids who can't breath and are sick. I get ready for bed and let the dogs out for the last time of the night. Hayle comes in with her face round and swollen!! Her lips were sticking out and the bridge of her nose was swollen. I called the emergency vets and they said that the prednisone I gave her should help some and that I should give her Benedryl as well. Well, I don't have that in my house and I can not drag 2 sick kids out to the drug store to get it. UGH!!!! This is one of those times when it really sucks being here alone. If I weren't alone, someone could stay with the kids while the other ran to the store. Even though the kids and the dog slept relatively well that night, I was up most of the night listening to all three of their breathing. Every time Sarah coughed I jumped. Every time Hayle moved I checked her to make sure her breathing wasn't compromised. Again, if I wasn't alone...yeah, you get it. It just sucked.

So, Hayle went to the vet this morning and is on her way back to having a normal face. The kids are on the mend as well...slowly but Shirley. And I'm looking forward to a great night sleep tonight!! One can only hope!

Had to add that I still have yet to figure out how to post pictures here but I better soon because tonight is trick-or-treating!!! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

1 comments:

SpillToJill said...

I hope the kids are able to trick and treat....poor babies, including the dog!