CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Packing, packing, and yet more packing...

Anyone wanna come and help??? :) Wishful thinking on my part. I am mostly done in Zack's room and just finished the dining room. Already cleaned out the playroom so that's just about ready to go...OHH MY G-D!!! How on earth did I acquire such crap?!?! I'm seeing things I haven't seen in years. Items I didn't even remember I had! Go figure. Most people would give things away, hold a yard sale, throw things out. Nope...not me. I look at it, say hell, it would take too much time to figure out what to do with it, so it gets wrapped in newspaper like all the rest and placed nicely in a box...not to be seen again for a long time. Probably!! Or better yet...the planning of a future yard sale...yeah right!! I make myself laugh!!! But, it is funny how you pack and pack and pack for what seems like hours and hours and all you've completed is one box if tea cups. UGH!! How is that actually possible? Alright...hours and hours is obviously an exaggeration, but it sure feels that way. I'm hoping the kitchen isn't as bad. I've already begun the kitchen, I'm about a third of the way done in Sarah's room. So, really it's not so bad. I just like to whine. What will help is that movers are coming to take the furniture out that Keith will take. That will include one of the living room sets, The kid's old bedroom sets, spare bedroom set, dining room set and odds and ends. Once that is done tomorrow, I will get a better idea of what is left over and what still needs to be done. I had a long talk with the kids tonight about what to expect when the movers come tomorrow to take some of "our" things away for daddy. Their biggest questions had to do with the size of the truck, who would drive the truck, could they help the movers and how big the men would be who are moving all of these things....seems like they'll be ok! I think they will enjoy watching it all tomorrow (as long as they stay out of their way or the kids will be spending some quality time with the dogs in their cages! Hahaha...just kidding!!!) I do know that watching all of this tomorrow will make the final move in a few weeks easier for them. They will know what to expect and what will happen. So far, so good...everything seems to be going smoothly. Woops...maybe I shouldn't have said that. DAMN superstition!!

2 comments:

kpett said...

Its funny how the things you think may upset the kids end up not being an issue at all - instead they key in on something else you didn't even guess they would think of.

Happy packing!

Stephanie Smith - 831 Photography said...

I hope your move was good. I hate moving! LOL I am not looking forward to the next move.