CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 21, 2008

Little by little...

After 2 extremely seamless and easy (is that actually possible?) closings, I've officially been living in MY new house (yes, i said MY house!!!) for 3 full days and it's coming along! Little by little the boxes are beginning to disappear. However, disappearing may actually mean just moved to the basement, but for now, that's ok! The kids can finally sit at the island in the kitchen, which they have been waiting to do! I'm going to begin to get estimates about painting the interior in the next few days. Once that is done the house will be amazing!! I'm not placing the furniture just-so yet and absolutely nothing on the walls until that is all done. Plus I can't forget about the basement! All in due time! All of us seem to be adjusting well. Keith, thank g-d, has been a great help with moving boxes, setting up tv's, computers, taking care of the animals, etc. I'm grateful for it. My friend said "Why would you let him do that in YOUR house now? It's not like it's his house anymore!" My answer to that is the more he is willing to do is less that I have to do. I'm done being a martyr. If someone offers to help, why wouldn't I take them up on that offer? (word of caution for those of you who offer just because it's the nice thing to do...expect me to actually take you up on your offer! :) ) The kids have done amazingly well! We drove to CT for Passover yesterday and more than a few times both kids told me how much they love their new house! It's so nice to hear. They've been sleeping well, adjusting to the new rooms, having everything they own still in boxes...they are great kids! The best so far has been me keeping busy around the house while the kids bounce in and out of the house to the backyard to play. I talk to them through the window and keep an eye on them, but feel 100% confident in the LOCKED fenced in backyard! How did I ever manage without it? Even the animals are adjusting. Hayle was my shadow for a day or so and never left my side but even she is pretty much back to normal. Overall, things are great! Thanks for keeping the kids and I in your thoughts...everything seems to be working out just the way it's supposed to!!

0 comments: