CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 29, 2008

So glad it's over...

The holidays, that is. It was a bit of an emotional roller coaster not being able to participate in Christmas stuff, being that Christmas was my favorite holiday! (Do me a favor and don't tell my mom that her very Jewish little girl's favorite holiday was XMAS! Too bad for her! :) I know what I missed most was the notion of tradition and family. What made it better was being able to spend time with Todd and his family since Keith had the kids. On XMAS day I went at 6:15am to Keith's house to watch the kids open their presents from Santa. They were too cute! Every gift Sarah opened was followed by a squeal and a "How'd Santa KNOW I wanted this???" Or a "Santa's the BEST!!" Zack's mission, on the other hand, was the tear through as much wrapping paper as he could in the shortest amount of time! I don't think he actually looked at anything until later in the day! Santa definitely spoiled them rotten, but that's ok! It all stays at daddy's house! :) That afternoon I went with Todd and Ashley to Todd's mother's house for a little while. It was a great time and even better food! Too bad I had to leave early...Hanukkah this year was a blur. It's apparent to me as the kids get older how much I enjoy traditions. Something to look forward to year after year...something predictable and exciting. There certainly wasn't much of that this year. Plus dealing with disappointed 5 year olds who didn't get THE BEST presents every night or get to open all of them in just one night. I know it's impatience but frustrating for mom. Last night, after postponing it due to a snowstorm, I had my Hanukkah party here. It was great having my parents, Todd and Ashley, Terry, Cousins Aaron and Kristin, Jessica, Nathan Jake and Aliyah! The only one missing was Opa. (who is fantastic, by the way...will be 99yrs old in March!) Both my parents are fighting colds and didn't want to expose him to any germs. Despite Sarah's 2hr tantrum for g-d only knows what, the party was great!! It's so nice to have everyone all together! I wish I could do it more often. I'm still on vacation for another week and dealing with work crap, but that will have to wait until another post. I'm thankful that the holiday hoop-la is over and hopefully things will now quiet down. Here's to a fantastic 2009, full of happiness, health and fun!!

0 comments: