CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Officially Going Crazy

But I am so much in love!! AHHhhhh...I had to say it and where better than here?!?! Few know how serious our relationship is primarily because I don't want to hear about how short of a time we've been dating, yada, yada, yada. I maybe in the clouds but I am also very much grounded and know exactly what I'm getting myself into. Every day that goes by I am blown away more and more by my feelings for Todd! I don't remember smiling so much, wanting to talk to someone, be with someone the way I do with him! We both say that even though we've only known each other since August, we feel like it's been years! There is very little that we DON'T talk about and the conversations flow so smoothly! There have been times were I've freaked out a little bit and I'm very honest with him...sometimes to the point where I wonder if I'm too honest. But he's always so understanding and makes me feel so good about myself! We definitely have an equitable relationship but both go out of our ways to make the other happy. When I call him he answers with a "Hi Beautiful!" Ugh...I honestly can't get enough of this guy. I went to counseling a few weeks ago and she said what stuck out to her was my talking not too long ago about feeling that my standards in a man were way too high. I would tell her that I was ok that my standards were so high. It meant to me that I would never settle, that I know what I deserved and what I want in a partner and if it never happened, so be it. Well, Todd not only meets all the standards I have but actually exceeds them in ways I never took into consideration! We have the same philosophies regarding family, both want more children, both relatively traditional and very active parents. He is very familiar with the Jewish religion and respects it for me and the kids and wants to be a part of that with us. He is great with my kids but not overboard...definitely lets them go at their own pace. They LOVE him!! I find myself sometimes wondering when the rug is going to be pulled out from under me because can things really be this good?? Did I feel this way when Keith and I started dating? But I was 18 years old and life was very different then. My priorities were different. Keith was different. And that brings me to my other fear...that he is great and normal now but what will happen in a year, in 5 years?! I can't predict the future, obviously, but I'm realizing more and more lately that he is worth the risk. Who knows what will happen as time goes on with this relationship but I do know that I can't imagine my life without him now. I also know that if things don't work out, I will be fine. I'm strong and I've proven to myself that I am just fine on my own. I can support my kids, my house, enjoy my job and have good friends. Todd just makes that all so much more. Ok, I said it before...I am completely and utterly in love with this man...and officially going crazy! Guess i just wanted you all to know it.

3 comments:

andygoose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Sounds great! Don't even think about tomorrow - just enjoy today!

kpett said...

Hey Karie- I'm so happy for you guys!