CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Getting a bit closer!

Well, today was a big day for me. We had the inspection on my house in Uxbridge and after about 2 hours here, they found absolutely nothing to fix or take care of in any way. Wow!! I didn't think that was possible! The radon test still is being done, but no big deal because we have a walkout basement. I'm sure that will be fine as well. The other big thing today was that I applied for my very first mortgage on my own. It's an understatement to say that it has been a stressful couple of days because of this. Never before have I been more confused and overwhelmed. Let's face it, my brain just does not work in numbers! Forget about percentages, points, fees, etc. You lost me at hello!! Thanks to Rob and Keith, I was able to get to a more comfortable point to decide just WHO to go with. Keith was a big help. He spoke with the mortgage broker several times on the phone, read over all my information and answered any questions I had. He even sat down with me and went over my budget. For that I'm grateful, because I know he didn't have time to help me the way he did but as he said "If you are comfortable and settled, the KIDS will be comfortable and settled." Still nice. I know the emotional roller coaster I've been on over the last week! Tonight is the first time I can say that I'm relaxed. Hopefully I won't go to bed tonight with racing thoughts about money, funds, bills, credit reports, mortgages, moving vans, packing boxes...you get the picture. Things are falling into place slowly but Shirley. I'm still cautiously optimistic but optimistic, none-the-less! Now it's down to scheduling the inspection on the little blue house, having the appraisal completed and arranging for a moving company on the day of the closings. Ohh yeah...can't forget about packing!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

yay! you sound great!

andygoose said...

Congrats Karie! Here's to a happy 2008!

kpett said...

Way to go, Karie. You deserve it!

Lisa said...

Wow Karie! Congratulations. I am so excited for you. That's wonderful!!