CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Freaking Valentine's Day

Yeah, right. This coming from a pathetically lonely, yet love avoidant divorcee. Everywhere I've looked since Christmas has consisted of hearts, flowers and love, love, and more love. This used to be a day to celebrate. Keith will be celebrating. He has someone to celebrate with! Am I jealous? Sort of. I'm jealous of the company he has. The warm hugs he gets if he wants them. I do know he is buying his time with her. How can he be so committed to her when Christmas Eve he was begging for another chance. He can't be alone. But I can. I know that I am spending my time getting healthy. Getting to a point where I can give of myself again to someone else. Be willing and able to trust again. I have a feeling that will take a long time, but I'm hopeful. That's good, right? So, in the meantime, I avoid anything hearts and gushy love stuff. I'm sorry I'm not sending cards to those of you I do love. I just bring myself to that aisle at the store. I will again but for now I hope you all understand. This is Thursday for me, nothing more.

For the kids, on the other hand, it's a fun time. They have no concept of what Valentine's Day really is, but enjoy making pretty pictures and cards for their friends and family. Especially for Sarah...she is thrilled that everything now are hearts and pink! What's better than that for a kid who thinks she is a princess?! So, I hope everyone has a great day, whether you are actually celebrating with your special someone or boycotting the day like me! :)

1 comments:

andygoose said...

Kudos to you for getting healthy and working on YOU! Don't be so hard on yourself, you're far from 'pathetic'. Besides, how warm can the hugs be when he's thinking about someone else?

Happy Thursday!