CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 21, 2008

Parent/Teacher Conferences

This past week I had both kid's conferences with their teachers. Both kids are doing very well! Both say that Zack and Sarah are good friends, listen well, follow directions and are very attentive. She said they are right on target for all of their learning and are testing between mastery kindergarten and emerging first grade. She said their prereading and writing skills are great. I was so happy to hear it! Both teachers said they would have never known that they are the youngest in the class. That was something I was concerned about and I'm relieved to hear it isn't a problem...yet. Sarah's teacher sees none of the anxiety I see at home. I explained to her the different conversations Sarah and I have had at home pertaining to school so she was aware of it should it come up in school. She also said that Sarah is very patient in completing her work in school, even though she has zero patience at home at times! Zack's teacher says he is handling the other students well (the classroom trouble-makers) and will speak up for himself as needed. She says he is shy and does better socially in a smaller group. I've seen that at home as well. She also commented on how well he works independently, despite the chaos at times in her classroom...at least SHE admitted it! :) Just 2 very different classrooms! So, that's about it! Both are doing great! And thankfully, it seems the torture is saved for me alone at home. Oh great...

0 comments: