CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

HE'S DRIVING ME TO DRINK!!!

I absolutely CAN NOT BE ALONE IN THIS SENTIMENT!! At least not amongst parents of preschoolers! G-d help me if I am! Zack is driving me absolutely crazy!!!! One minute is is lovey-dovey and sweet...next minute the devil must have taken over his body! He is whining and screaming over everything! He's fresh unless it's his way and he gets what he wants, when he wants it. He WILL not help out or do a damn thing for himself anymore, he's become mean...tonight he literally pushed his friend out of the way who was just standing there because wanted to walk by! He and Sarah love to play rough and I never stop it unless someone gets hurt or isn't listening to the other. I would hear Sarah constantly tell him to "stop!", "it's hurting me!", "please don't do that"...you name it and he completely ignores her! He will even chase her around the house to terrorize her with something that scares her JUST BECAUSE! I tell him not to do something and not even 10 seconds later (and sometimes even looking right at me) will do it again! I'm a broken record!! No punishment, yelling, rewarding...NOTHING seems to even faze him! He thinks everything is a joke and even laughs in my face! I'm at my whits end!! G-D HELP ME!!! I need a martini...anyone wanna join me??

(Disclaimer...I love both my children more than anything in this word...no matter how much they drive me crazy! However, some days (or ok, weeks!!) are harder than others! Usually when I get to this point is when he "snaps out of it" and my sweet little well-mannered boy is back! I'm waiting for that day...impatiently waiting but waiting none-the-less. I know he's in there!! I just have to coax him out! Come out, come out wherever you are!!!)

2 comments:

andygoose said...

We had lots of success with the 1-2-3 Magic method. It puts the onus back on the kid, gives him time to think about his actions and makes him understand that any consequences/discipline he faces is his own choice. Email me if you want more info.

In the mean time, take a shot and punch a pillow!

kpett said...

We used 1-2-3 Magic as well - started it when Leo turned 3 and it worked. I rarely use it now as Leo now listens to me. Daniel, being younger, saw how it worked on Leo so I've never had to use it on him.

And a drink sounds great!